Wednesday, August 11, 2010

We Give You Our World - Our Love

In the past couple of weeks, we had 2 memorials for Faith. One for my family in the town I grew up in, and one for my husbands family at our home.

The time I spent with my husband preparing for our daughters memorial was incredibly healing. We spent the days after loosing Faith thinking about her, what was best for her, and how we can share her with others.

We made flowers, printed pictures, and started a memorial page so our family and friends could see pictures of our time with her and visit her site whenever they wanted. We also spent quite a bit of time making Faith's urn.


We started looking online for an urn, but were not finding anything good enough. My husband threw out the idea that we should refinish my jewelery box. He gave me this jewelery box about 10 years ago, which has the following inscription on the lid:

LOVE opens a person up to great vulnerabilities in which one can feel great joy. In all cases it is when we feel great joy... utter jubilation that we feel the power LOVE offers. It is this power that makes us LOVE as LOVE makes us feel invincible. For these reasons I give to you my LOVE for you are that one persone that makes me feel vulnerable, joyous, jubilant, powerful and invincible for you I give you my world - my LOVE

It turned out absolutely perfect.



0 comments:

Post a Comment