CRAVINGS: The most uncharacteristic thing I remember were my cravings. When pregnant with Faith I ate more like my husband than myself. I enjoyed mayonaise on both sides of my sandwhiches, Whopper Jr's, powdered sugar doughnuts and dessert almost every night. These cravings were very atypical for me as I usually skimp on the mayonaise, eat grilled chicken sandwiches and the last doughnut I most likely ate was on our annual August camping trip. The only time I ever felt Faith move was after a breakfast of mini powdered sugar doughnuts with a side of OJ, she was definetly a fan.
I also indulged in more fruit and water than ever before. I had such an incredible unquenchable thirst throughout my entire pregnancy. In my first trimester, mainly weeks 5-9, I was unable to stomach the smell of any food that was warm, even toast disgusted me. This limited my diet to salad, cereal, yogurt and fruit topped off with ice cold water to keep everything down.WEIGHT GAIN: I gained a total of 8 pounds for the 23 weeks I was pregnant, I still have 5 to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I had stopped gaining weight at 20 weeks, which looking back now I know was a good indication that something was wrong. The lack of my amniotic fluid, resulted in a intrauterine growth problems, keeping Faith small, stalling my weight gain.
20 weeks pregnant with FaithMORNING SICKNESS: With Faith, my morning sickness was bad, but could have definetly been worse. I was VERY sick from week 5 through 7 and had moderate to low sickness through 14 weeks. When I say VERY sick, there was no vomiting, but I constantly had the spins. Imagine the worst hangover ever all day every day for 3 weeks. Once the intense sickness let up at the beginning of my 8th week, I immediately thought something was wrong, but I was relieved to not be able to eat much of my dinner. For the remainder of my first trimester, I was only queazy in the evenings, which I would take any day over the torture I had to endure during those early weeks. While I say morning sickness was torture, it was also a great reminder that things were progressing. This is something only those who have endured previous losses will welcome.
It is strange to think that while I have already endured 6 months of morning sickness, I will have endured at minimum 9 months of morning sickness before I get to bring our first child home. I say this knowing that while all pregnancies are different, i'm not likely to be one of the lucky ones to have a morning sickness free pregnancy.




2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your sweet pregnancy memories. I was just looking back at some of my pregnancy photos with Madelyn, and I was so small compared to what I should've been, even with her being my first time pregnancy. Like you, that was due to no amniotic fluid and her small growth.
(((hugs))
I think it's good to document your pregnancy memories like this b/c over time you might not remember as well. Now you'll always have those memories down!
Post a Comment