Monday, August 9, 2010

Trying Again

After we lost Christian, we decided to try again. We waited the recommended 2 cycles before we did so, just to ensure we won't have any regrets if something were to go wrong again.

Month after month, all we were seeing were negative pregnancy tests. My cycles were becoming more and more irregular going from every 30 days to sometimes 40+ days. We were about 8 months into trying again, when I decided to start charting my cycle to see if there were any obvious signs that something was wrong, and to hope to improve our timing.

After charting for 3 months, it was very obvious I was irregular, and I was not ovulating normally. I went to the doctor the end of January and we discussed our fertility options. The doctor assumed I have a problem ovulating and prescribed Clomid for me to try after I get an ultrasound to check for cysts.

This was frustrating as we had to wait another month before starting Clomid, but I had my ultrasound and it appeared that I may have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). While we couldn't start the clomid that cycle, we decided to still try for a baby. I ordered Pre-seed online, which is supposed to help reduce the acidity and make the environment better for the sperm. We figured it was worth a shot.

On March 7th, 2010 we had another miracle, after 13 months of trying to concieve, we had done it again, on our own, without fertility medication. The pre-seed made all the difference in the world. We were beyond excited, and our baby was due November 16th, the day before my husband's birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment