It has been 3 weeks today since we met Faith and had to say goodbye. It still feels like yesterday I was shopping for maternity clothes and listening to her heart on the doppler. Everything changed so fast.
We have a few appointments in the upcoming weeks.
On Monday the 16th, I have my post natal appointment with my regular OB. If all goes well I should be able to go back to work on the 17th. I haven't worked a full day since the 2nd of July, so needless to say i'm pretty nervous to face everyone.
I will be scheduling our post natal consulation with the high risk OB for the beginning of September. They recommended us coming in 6-8 weeks after we had Faith. At this appointment we should find out the results of her autopsy, and hopefully a cause as to why my amniotic fluid was so low. We also will discuss our options for trying again. Next time around we already know that we will be high risk from the beginning, at least up to viability, so we'll be traveling a lot farther for each appointment, when that time comes.
We got a call on Tuesday from our genetic counselor. She said that all results came back normal for the additional genetic screenings that they performed on the amniotic fluid. She now needs to look at the details of the autopsy and will let us know if we need to come in to be tested or if all genetic issues have been ruled out.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
i truly hope the docs are able to give you hope for future pregnancies. thank you for being such an inspiration and picture of grace to others. tami
Post a Comment