Friday, August 13, 2010

Moments

This whole journey was faced with unexpected moments. Below is a list of the moments I regret, and those that make me glad.


I regret not holding Faith longer.

I regret having to leave her at the hospital all alone.

I regret not buying her an outfit to wear.

I regret not being more vocal about my instincts during the delivery.


I'm glad I held Faith.

I'm glad we have so many pictures.

I'm glad those pictures are displayed at home.

I'm glad she was cremated and is home with us.

I'm glad we had memorials for Faith.

I'm glad I experienced the joy's of pregnancy.

I'm glad I hugged and kissed Faith.

I'm glad my husband hugged and kissed Faith.

I'm glad I have such a supportive husband.

I'm glad I have so many memories and mementos of our time together.

I'm proud to be her mother.

I'm glad we waited to find out her gender until she was born.

I'm glad my husband saw her first and was able to cut her cord.

I'm glad that I have the strength to tell her story.


I'm glad that I have more glad's than regrets!


1 comments:

Andrea said...

It is nice to write everything out and see you have more things to be glad about then regret. I like the last one. I'm happy I have the strength to tell my son's story. Thank you for sharing her story because it gives all of us strength in knowing we aren't alone.

Post a Comment