On Friday the 11th I had my first IVF monitoring appointment. The ultrasound revealed I have about 10 follicles (can't remember the medical term of what they called them at this point in my cycle) in each ovary, which gives us great odds for plenty of eggs!
I am now taking 3 Metformin, and 3 injections daily, which puts us right in the middle of our first cycle. YEAH!! All of the injections I'm getting now are given subcutaneously (through the skin) in my abdomen, by the gentle hand of my husband Christopher!
The first injection is Lupron, which I've been taking since the 31st of January. I started at 20 units, but was reduced to 5 units. The specific IVF protocol I'm on is sometimes called Lupron Down and I'm now on the 'down' portion. As a part of the 'down' portion, I also getting injections of Menopur and Follistim, all of which are given at the same time of day. Menopur and Follistim are the drugs which will force my body into producing multiple eggs ready for fertilization.
As of today, Menopur is my least favorite but also happens to be the largest volume. Don't get me wrong I'm so excited to be on this journey, but I am finding it difficult emotionally, and get very anxious around injection time. I remind myself every night before the injections about all the good things these drugs are doing. Because of them we are so much closer to the dream of having a family, and I am very grateful.
My next appointment is Tuesday. They'll draw more blood and let me know if we need to adjust our injection doses, so stay tuned!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Its a very draining process..but will be so worth it!!
Post a Comment