Monday, February 21, 2011

A Midnight Trigger

I had two monitoring appointments this past weekend. On my Saturday appointment, my follicles weren't quite big enough for triggering and my Estradiol level was not quite high enough, so the Doctor had me re-add Follistim in the evening and come back in on Sunday morning for another peak.

On Sunday everything was looking great. In addition to my evening does of Menopur and Follistim, we triggered ovulation with Ovidrel at 12:30 this morning. I also started an antibiotic with dinner in preparation for the egg retrieval procedure which is scheduled for 12:30 on Tuesday the 22nd.

For this IVF cycle, I am all finished with the abdominal sub-cutaneous injections (YEAH)! The next set of injections I are intra-muscular injections of Progesterone in oil. Progesterone is critical in preparing my body for and hanging onto a pregnancy, so I'll start them right after the egg retrieval.

My past few appointments showed we have about 30 follicles, of which about 15 are looking to be a good size for fertilization! I'm so excited and anxious, but keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we have some healthy embryos to transfer back into me on Sunday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment