Sunday, November 28, 2010

Me, And Me On Pills

Last Sunday I started the birth control and Metformin, and mostly I am feeling much more blue than usual. I stopped taking birth control shortly after I started it when I was younger because I found I was often depressed, and so it seems to be having the same effect many years later.

Besides being blue, i'm also feeling a little hung over all the time which I am assuming is a side effect of the Metformin. The first day on it was really rough on my stomach, but it has gotten significantly better. My appetite has been very minimal, and most foods do not sound appealing, particularly the second time around so i'll be avoiding a lot of Thanksgiving leftovers. Today I have to increase my dose from 500mg to 1000mg, so I am fully prepared for the worst. I've heard that it takes awhile to adjust to this medication, so only time will tell!

Even though i'm not quite feeling like myself, I know these pills are only a small fraction of our treatments on our journey to starting a family and it will all seem like a small price to pay when we have a child in our arms!

1 comments:

Holly said...

I'm sorry it makes you feel that way. It will all be worth it when your baby is in your arms that's for sure!

Post a Comment