Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Worry

Here I am again, neglecting this blog. I don't really have any good excuses, I'll go with pregnancy brain.

I am 38 w 1d and counting down the days until babies arrival. We are so close to meeting this baby, but I really have been having a difficult time relaxing in these last few weeks. Daily I have been struggling with irrational fears that something is wrong or could go wrong. I find myself over analyzing everything, and waking up in the middle of night performing kick counts just to check in on baby. This is such unfamiliar territory, so I don't know what is "normal" during the last weeks of pregnancy.

I went in to L&D last week for monitoring because I felt a small gush, but after a few tests it turned out it was not amniotic fluid. They did an ultrasound to confirm fluid levels and the doctor measured and AFI of 7.9 which is on the low end of normal. The doctors were not concerned with the AFI level and sent me home. Because of my experience of low fluid with Faith, I am sure that the AFI level is triggering the increase in my paranoia. This baby always has perfect timing letting me know he/she is doing just fine with his/her big stretches or hiccups.

Despite the increase in paranoia, I really am enjoying this pregnancy. I am just very anxious to have this baby in my arms. I will then have so many other things to worry about!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have prob had your baby by now, but watch for hiccups lasting over 15 min. can be a sign of cord compression. Go to the hospital should that happen. I am an ob nurse as wekk as a mom who lost her baby. dont want to scare you, just sharing info I wish I had known

Post a Comment