Sunday, October 9, 2011

Time goes by...

Time seems to move by so quickly! I can't believe it has been well over a month since my last post. Since then I've had several doctors appointments, 2 baby showers, and a maternity photo session.

All the doctors appointments are going well. I have gone in a few times because of fear that something is wrong, but in the end, the practice I see is fantastic at reassuring me that everything is going perfectly smoothly, and the little baby is healthy and doing well. I was concerned with the changes in babies movements, so to ease my mind and to confirm that everything was okay with baby they ordered a non-stress test. A non-stress test included me being monitored on a fetal monitor for a minimum of 20 minutes. They were watching me for contractions, and the baby for elevations in heart rate of about 10bpm when I indicated there
was movement. In order to pass they need to see 3 elevations in 20 minutes.

Within the first 5 minutes, our little baby had already passed the test! So I was able to sit and relax for the remainder of the test. The elevations in heart rate after the baby moves indicates that everything is functioning properly with the babies cardiovascular system and placenta.

The baby has been head down since about 28 weeks every check up since he/she has been bottom up! We have our next growth ultrasound on the 18th at 36 weeks! I'm definitely excited to see how big the baby is, and if we are having any progression!

Both of my baby showers were wonderful. We are very fortunate to have had 2 thrown for us, and that we have received so many generous gifts! Because of every one's thoughtfulness, we really did not have to buy very much for the baby, for this I am very thankful!

Last weekend we spend a portion of our Saturday in Northern Wisconsin for our Maternity session. I have only seen a sneak peak at some of the photos, and I love how she capture this moment for us. Thanks very much to Ruby Photography for taking time to capture this pregnancy! Below are a few of her photos from the session.

All photos by: Ruby Photography

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your photos are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You look so great! Love that bump :)

Post a Comment