Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sixteen Weeks and Change

We had our early Level II yesterday, and everything is looking good with Baby Botkin. All the measurements were right on track, the organs appeared healthy, and the fluid levels looked right were they should be. Baby seemed to be taking advantage of all of the space. We saw baby jumping and flipping around several times throughout the ultrasound. We got a bit lucky because our ultrasound tech had a student observing, and once the tech was finished with the scan, the student continued to scan for awhile. So we had about 45 minutes of quality baby viewing time!


Baby is still pretty small at about 4.5 inches, but we still got to see quite a bit. I have my guess as to what the gender is, anyone else want to share their guess?






The first picture one shows Baby Botkin's bicep and thumb sucking abilities! The picture below shows baby's spine to be in good shape!





It was confirmed that I again have an Anterior placenta, so it may be awhile until I really feel the baby moving!


Our final Level II ultrasound will be June 29th at 20 weeks. Baby should be much bigger because of the expected upcoming growth spurt. I can't wait!



3 comments:

mbotkin said...

You're not going to share your gender guess with everyone?!?! What a tease! :)

klbot99 said...

:) My prediction is the opposite of what I thought last time!

Holly said...

I'm so glad the US went well. This is great news! Continuing to pray everything goes smoothly!

Post a Comment