Sunday, May 15, 2011

Physically and Emotionally

I am just about out of the first trimester at 13 weeks 5 days today! YAY!

We met with our Maternal Fetal Medicine group about 2 weeks ago. This is the same group that delivered Faith, so we feel we are in great hands and are hopeful we get to to deliver at the same hospital and bring home a baby this time. Baby is doing well with a heartbeat of 160bpm. It was difficult but healing being around the people and at the same location where we learned the fate of our pregnancy with Faith. We saw the genetic counselor who diagnosed Faith with SLOS and she was so excited to see we were expecting again, and very kind in asking how we were doing physically and emotionally!

Physically I am feeling really good. My morning sickness is scarce, and my energy has returned! As I'm exiting my first trimester I am always hungry and I've been having the most vivid dreams. I get up quite often in the middle of the night, am always warm, and have lots of experiences of pregnancy brain! I haven't been able to button up my pants for a little over a week and my tops are tight on my lower belly. Today I dug out my old maternity clothes, because I think I'll be needing them in a couple of weeks.

Emotionally I have been having my ups and downs. This pregnancy is following the exact same timing as my pregnancy with Faith. She was due November 16, 2010 and this little one's estimated due date is November 15, 2011. I've been thinking a lot about my time with her last year, while looking forward to better things to come this year. Mostly it is difficult just being in the exact same place as we were a year ago.

Our next appointment is June 3rd when I'll be 16 weeks. The Dr's are going to perform an early level II ultrasound to make sure all is well with baby and that my fluid is looking good. I'm really looking forward to seeing baby again! Early July we'll have one more level II, to make sure everything is right where it is supposed to be. Until then I'm remaining hopeful that all is well, and that the baby is growing and happily bouncing away in lots of amniotic fluid.

1 comments:

rebecca said...

Congratulations at moving into the second trimester! Glad you're feeling good physically & the doctors are watching you closely. The emotions are understandable, especially given how closely those dates are with each of your pregnancies. Wishing you strength, hope, and peace as this pregnancy progresses ((hugs))

Post a Comment