This Christmas came and went very quickly this year. I had my hysteroscopy with polypectomy (removal of polyps) on the 22nd. The polyps and some scar tissue were removed, and I've had minimal cramping. I couldn't have asked for it to go more smoothly!
Today I have to resume the Metformin doses. I've put off re-starting so I could enjoy the Holiday's, and the snacks without having to deal with the side effects. I just got used to the Met, but had to go off of it prior to surgery. There are some known interactions between it and anesthesia. Overall, while I'm not looking forward to re-starting, it doesn't really take that long to adjust to it.
My post-op appointment was yesterday, and the doctor said we should be all set to initiate our IVF cycle in January. We still haven't heard if our PGD system is complete, so this may be our only hang up. It has been over 8 weeks, so I'm hopeful it is finishing up soon!
As January approaches, I am getting very nervous and a tad bit scared. I don't want to get overly excited for IVF because I know there are no guarantees in any of this, but we are so ready to hear and deliver some good news. I am going into this experience knowing we have done everything we possibly could to increase our odds of a successful IVF. I also know what is meant to be will be, but it is impossible for me to cast away my fears when I know how miraculous a healthy baby truly is.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
It really is scary when we're not guaranteed the outcomes we want. I will be hoping and praying for a successful round of IVF on the first time!
I'm glad that the procedure went so smoothly! I'm hoping for a successful IVF for you in Jan!!
Kristy - FYI - your dad couldn't take the metformin and had to switch to glipizide. Don't know if you can take one of the other glucose controlling medications - they all work to control glucose but work on different organs.
Mitzi
Post a Comment