Saturday, September 25, 2010

Here we go...

On Monday we finally get to meet with our new genetic counselor Megan who has been so helpful through this whole process. We are also pushing forward and having our blood drawn for the full genetic sequencing.

I called my insurance company early this week and of course the conditions for coverage were clear as mud. One of the CPT codes was covered and the remaining would be if we met conditions of a clinical genetic testing bulletin.

The clincial bulletin included a lot of very specific conditions and scenarios in which genetic testing would be covered. SLOS was not on the list, but other recessive conditions were. We have decided to skip getting pre-approval and just go ahead with the testing. This way if we need to appeal it Megan will write a letter of medical necessity.

3 comments:

mbotkin said...

Good luck with the appointment! I hope you get some good news with the insurance and the sequencing results. We'll be thinking of you guys.

Heather said...

I will be thinking of you. I know how stressful all of this testing and waiting can be. (((hugs)))

Holly said...

Hope the appt went well yesterday. Yeah, insurance can be as clear as mud sometimes!

Post a Comment