
She is 6 weeks old, and already I cannot imagine my life without her, but I also still find it amazing that I am lucky enough to get to be her mother. Actually, I feel so very lucky to be a mother to two amazing girls. I am excited to share Faith's memory with Lillian, when she is old enough to understand.
When we lost Faith I was often told that everything happens for a reason. I usually am a big believer in this, but when your grief is so strong it just doesn't make sense that there is a reason for the incredible heartache. A year and a half has passed, my grief has lessened, and as I look into the eyes of my beautiful healthy little girl, I now know why our little Faith's time on this earth was so short. She was meant to deliver us a very important message, and without this message we wouldn't have Lillian.
Faith continues to be a guardian angel over our family, and has blessed us all with the opportunity to have healthy children. I am eternally grateful for her, and feel so very blessed to be her mother.




2 comments:
Faith is a blessing to us, too, for so many reasons. Even though we have not suffered a loss like you have, I feel like Faith has saved our lives by letting us know that we are carriers of SLOS as well. We would never have known without her, and who knows what might have been in store for us in the future with future pregnancies. I hate that she isn't here, I love Lillian to pieces, and I feel like Faith is an angel that has potentially kept us from experiencing unimaginable heartache. She's the best guardian angel ever!
She is so adorable! And while it can plain suck when people you that 'everything happens for a reason' when you're grieving I do believe it. If Carleigh's journey hadn't happened the way it did then we wouldn't have Lainey and I prolly wouldn't be carrying Evanee. I can't imagine my life without them.
Post a Comment